Flute/Gemeinhardt 3SH and Brio B10 SHB flutes.

Dear friends.

I have been offered these two flutes, Gemeinhardt 3SH and Brio B10 SHB. I can't find any information about them at the Gemeinhardt web page. This brand is not very common in Europe. What do you think about them?. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

Alberto Cornejo.

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for your question.  Both instruments look very comparable.  I haven't played these models of flutes recently, so I wouldn't want to tell you one is better than the other.   If you have access to both of them, I would simply see which plays better for you.  If you are a developing player, it would be of benefit to have an advanced player play them as well to give their opinion.  There are so many factors in what makes a particular flute play well (headjoint, mechanism, conditions of pads)  that it's almost impossible to make a recommendation of flute to purchase purely on model number.

Contacting a representative from sales at  may be a good idea.  They sell all types and levels of flutes, and their workers are usually flute players.

Best Wishes,

Nathan Muehl

I feel very comfortable answering questions regarding classical music. This includes performance of music on woodwind instruments, theory, history, etc. I am happy to answer questions about careers in music and collegiate study. I am also able to answer simple questions in the field of Audio Engineering.

I have played the flute for 25 years. I am very active in professional music organizations, and I have had several students go on to successful careers.

I am currently a member of the Conductor's Guild, the National Flute Association, the American String Teachers Association, West Virginia Music Educators Association, and Ohio Music Educators Association.

I hold a bachelor of music education degree from The Ohio State University along with a business minor. I have a Master of Music degree from the same institution. I am currently a professor at a college in Florida.