Fly Fishing/Flyline

Does using a flyline cleaner such as MUCILIN remove, destroy or negativly effect the original factory coating ?

Hello Robert - It all depends on what line you are cleaning.  Some of the newer coatings can be damaged by things like Mucilin.  The best thing to clean fly line with is warm water.  Dampen a paper towel with warm water and run the line through it.  If the line is quite dirty add a little dish soap to the water first.  If you use soapy water then afterwards run it through a towel moistened with clean water a few times.  That is all you need.
I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.