Fly Fishing/Flyline

Question
Does using a flyline cleaner such as MUCILIN remove, destroy or negativly effect the original factory coating ?

Answer
Hello Robert - It all depends on what line you are cleaning.  Some of the newer coatings can be damaged by things like Mucilin.  The best thing to clean fly line with is warm water.  Dampen a paper towel with warm water and run the line through it.  If the line is quite dirty add a little dish soap to the water first.  If you use soapy water then afterwards run it through a towel moistened with clean water a few times.  That is all you need.
I hope that helps.
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison