Fly Fishing/Possible Value of Sage Fly Rods

My wife recently purchased three Sage rods in a garage sale:
B590 GFL 9' 0''  Possibly a blank - custom made
Graphite II 896 RP 9' 6" 8 wt.
Graphite II Model GFL 1096 RP  9' 6"  10 wt.

All are 2-piece; in their cloth sleeves and in their alum. tubes and in excellent cond.

I know these are 1st & 2nd gen. rods. What range of value would these have? I can provide photos

Hi Russ - In excellent condition these rod are worth about $75.  The value of the custom 5wt will depend greatly on the quality of the build.  The fact that it is not a factory rod hurts the value.  The most sought after Sage rods are the graphite III rods.  However, due to Sage's massive production numbers their used rods are pretty much readily available all over.  I hope that helps,

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.