Fly Fishing/The Walton Rod

Question
Today I bought a fishing rod from an estate sale.  It appears to be about 8' or 9' long, thin gray colored, w/ green wraps around the hooks.  It has a cork handle and an aluminum end.  It seems to be in excellent condition.  It reads The Walton Rod...  not the Walton Powell Rod or any other variation.  The type appears to be in the same style as a Walton Powell.  I can't find anything like this on the internet.  Do you know if Walton Powell also signed his pieces The Walton Rod?

Answer
Hi Peggy - I have not seen a Walton Powell rod labeled as The Walton rod.  But it is all together possible that one is out there.  My question to you would be is the labeling hand done or is it a decal?  Otherwise the description seems to be that of a Walton Powell graphite rod.  A picture  or two would be very helpful in determining if your rod is a Powell. You can always email some to me at Rich@classicpowellrod.com.  I hope that helps.
Rich  

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison