Fly Fishing/bamboo rods

I have three bamboo rods about which I would like more information and estimates of value.
one is a Barney and Berry#7351 3 piece 9ft. The reel seat is below the cork,the dia. of the rod above the cork is about 1 cm. and it has a cloth sleeve in the aluminum case.

the next is stamped "The H.L.Leonard rod, Leonard & Mills Co., makers". it is also a 3 piece about 3/8" diam. above the cork, with the cork above the reel seat. About 9 ft.6 in. in length with two tips, aluminum case and cloth sleeve.

the last says "The Cross #0742 Cross Rod & Tackle, Lynn,Mass". It is 8 ft long with both tips, aluminum case, cloth sleeve and is approx. 3/8" in diam. above the cork, which is above the reel seat.

Hi Phil- I apologize for the delay in answering your question.  The Cross and Barney rods i believe are production rods and probably worth a fee hundred dollars.  I am a Powell expert in particular and am not really familiar with those rods.  the Leonard is a different story.  Leonard rods are desirable and can be quite valuable.  I am going to direct to this site: www.classicflyrodforum.  There are a number of the world's foremost Leonard rod experts on this site and they can give you much better than I can.  Do a search for Leonard or better still post in the info and appraisal thread (read the guidelines first) and you will get the info you need.  I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.