Fly Fishing/split oct. bamboo fly poles

Question
I have acquired several octagonal split bamboo fly poles and I'm interested in identifying them. Is there any specific areas where I should look for markings or numbers? Once I've  identified them is there any source where I can value them?
Thank you

Answer
Hi Larry - If the rods came in tubes there may be some makers info on those or perhaps inside the cap.  On the rods themselves makerws information, if there is any, is usually on the butt section of the rod on the cane on the section above the cork.  Some makers put information on the reel seat as well.  To value them go to http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/ and find the appraisal thread.  You will need to post some good photos of the rods as well.  But that is a great place to find tons of good information on bamboo rods. I hope that helps,
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison