Fly Fishing/split oct. bamboo fly poles

I have acquired several octagonal split bamboo fly poles and I'm interested in identifying them. Is there any specific areas where I should look for markings or numbers? Once I've  identified them is there any source where I can value them?
Thank you

Hi Larry - If the rods came in tubes there may be some makers info on those or perhaps inside the cap.  On the rods themselves makerws information, if there is any, is usually on the butt section of the rod on the cane on the section above the cork.  Some makers put information on the reel seat as well.  To value them go to and find the appraisal thread.  You will need to post some good photos of the rods as well.  But that is a great place to find tons of good information on bamboo rods. I hope that helps,

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.