Fly Fishing/Ted Williams Bamboo Fly Rod

I have a Ted Williams bamboo fly rod that i would like to get a value on its model 535 medium action 9 ft two piece rod made by sears roebuck and company

I've not seen a bamboo rod made for Sears with a 535 model designation.  Those were fiberglass rods.  If it is glass it's worth about $40 in good condition.  If it is bamboo it's worth anywhere from nothing to maybe $150 in great condition.  Condition is crucial to old cane rods and the value drops off quicky when they are not in great shape - particularly the mass produced blue collar rods like that one you have.  I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.