Fly Fishing/Heddon #65 deluxe flyrod

I have just picked up(tonight) an excellent condition Heddon #65 deluxe flyrod. It appears to have never been fished it is so perfect. I  have the bag with it but not the tube.
I do not at this time have a way to post pictures but will try at a later date.
What might be the value of a rod like this.

Steve - Wow, you did quite well.  The Heddon #65 Deluxe (with a wooden grip, correct?) is a very rare and desirable rod.  Heddon only made them in 1932.  From then on that model was changed to the #60.  In mint condition I'd say you're looking at over $1,000 most likely - possibly higher depending on sale venue.  I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.