Fly Fishing/Heddon #65 deluxe flyrod

Question
I have just picked up(tonight) an excellent condition Heddon #65 deluxe flyrod. It appears to have never been fished it is so perfect. I  have the bag with it but not the tube.
I do not at this time have a way to post pictures but will try at a later date.
What might be the value of a rod like this.
Steve

Answer
Steve - Wow, you did quite well.  The Heddon #65 Deluxe (with a wooden grip, correct?) is a very rare and desirable rod.  Heddon only made them in 1932.  From then on that model was changed to the #60.  In mint condition I'd say you're looking at over $1,000 most likely - possibly higher depending on sale venue.  I hope that helps.
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison