Fly Fishing/Wright McGill Fly Rod

I have a Wright McGill bamboo fly rod with two tips the length is 7'1" and has Granger Aristocrat on the side of the rod.  I do not have the cloth bag but do have a metal tube though not sure it is original.  Any information you could provide as to possible value would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Jim Schneider

Hi Jim - I apologize for the delay in answering your question.  I am not a Granger expert, I am a Powell expert.  However Granger rods are desirable and can be quite valuable.  I am going to direct to this site: www.classicflyrodforum.  There are a number of the world's foremost Granger experts on this site and they can give you much better than I can.  Do a search for Granger or better still post in the info and appraisal thread (read the guidelines first) and you will get the info you need.  I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.