Fly Fishing/fly rod by foster bros

Question
hi have a 3 piece fly rod split cane i think Bakelite eyes stoppers in ends and a number on butt which is 67427 or 87427 made by foster bros ashbourn approx 12 feet.Can you shed any light on it for me as i know nothing other than its a lovely rod.thanks john n.ireland

Answer
Hi John - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I do know Foster's of Ashbourne (aka Foster Bros) was in business from about 1900 to 2000.  The were mainly reel maker originally.  Your rod is a most likely a Salmon rod and dates to the 1930s or 40s given that Bakelite is used on it.  It's probably worth somewhere around 200 pounds to right buyer and in perfect condition.  It's also a nice historic fishing rod that you would enjoy using I'm sure.  I hope that helps.
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison