Fly Fishing/SouthBend no359 8 1/2 3piece

Question
Hello, I'm wanting to use this rod but don't know what line to use. On the handle it has HDH or E Can you help me?? Also price value on the rod. Is this a dry or wet fly rod?? Thank you very for your time!!! Gary

Answer
Hello Gary - Nice classic rod you have there.  The HDH designation is the equivalent of a modern DT6 line.  The E is equivalent to a level line 5wt.  Level lines are no longer made really.  If you would like to classify it I would call it a wet fly rod.  However, I'd fish it with dry flies as well with probably a WF 5 or 6wt line.  I'll bet it will cast quite nicely with those lines as well. Enjoy the rod.  
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison