Fly Fishing/Black Beauty Fly Rod

Question
I just got a Black Beauty fly rod that was my Grandfathers.  The reel mount is falling apart.  I would love to get it restored and display it as my Grandfather used this rod many years and I have fond memories of fishing with him using this rod.  Any ideas who could do this?

Answer
Yes I do.  Contact Glenn Brakett at Sweet Grasss Rods (www.sweetgrassrods.com) in Twin Bridges, Montana.  If he is not able to do the work he will know someone who can.  It sounds like you have a Heddon Black Beuty.  These are not super rare rods but they are considered very good fishing rods.  I understand the sentimental attachment you have to the rod...it would nice to display but think about what it would be like to land a fish with it.  It may be quite fishable.  Either way contact the folks at Sweet Grass - they can help.
Cheers,
Rich  

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison