Fly Fishing/Black Beauty Fly Rod

I just got a Black Beauty fly rod that was my Grandfathers.  The reel mount is falling apart.  I would love to get it restored and display it as my Grandfather used this rod many years and I have fond memories of fishing with him using this rod.  Any ideas who could do this?

Yes I do.  Contact Glenn Brakett at Sweet Grasss Rods ( in Twin Bridges, Montana.  If he is not able to do the work he will know someone who can.  It sounds like you have a Heddon Black Beuty.  These are not super rare rods but they are considered very good fishing rods.  I understand the sentimental attachment you have to the would nice to display but think about what it would be like to land a fish with it.  It may be quite fishable.  Either way contact the folks at Sweet Grass - they can help.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.