Fly Fishing/Fly Rod identification

I recently bought a graphite fly rod at a yard sale. It's made in South
Korea and says "Pro Bear" on it with the number 74-802.
It's an 8' rod with an AFTMA 6 rating. I cannot find any other info on this
rod anywhere including the Internet. Can you help ?

Mark - Pro Bear was a low end graphite rod maker in Korea (as you know).  Those rods were available in the early 90's for about $20 a pop.  They are actually decent casting rods, with good action for a novice fly fisherman, and were a very good bargain for pretty good casting rod back then.  I don't believe the company is in business any more.  I'd fish it with a 5 or 6wt line.  I hope that helps,

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.