Fly Fishing/Horrocks ibbotson flash

Question
reel seat
reel seat  

Logo
Logo  
I recently purchased a horrocks ibbotson flash rod at a flea market here, It is a 12' 3 piece rod. I cannot find any information on it. I have attached a few pictures of the rod, Is it a fly rod because the eyes seem small. Is it fishable? Any info you can give me on it would be great. thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Joe - It is not a fly rod.  The reel seat is above the cork handle...it is a casting rod of some sort.  It looks to be in ok shape.  Based on what I can see in the photos (which is limited) it is fishable.  THe ferrules should not be loose.  Look the cane over for obvious cracks as well.  I hope that helps.
Rich  

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison