Fly Fishing/old fly reel

what do you know about reel in attached photo:
Ted Williamsreel model # 311.31553 from sears and roebuck co. not sure of year..
thank you..joe

Hi Joe - It's an old reel made by a reel company called Bronson for sale in Sears stores under the Ted Williams label.  It's a cool old reel and they are popular but also were produced in large numbers. It dates to the late 60's or early 70's.  It is a nice looking reel and appears to have Cortland 444 line spooled on it.  It's probably worth around $50 depending on who you find that wants it.  I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.