Fly Fishing/ted williams fly rod

I came across a Ted Williams Model # 535.30581. AJ4647 is also on the rod. I has a cloth case. I am trying to come up with an estimated worth of the rod. It is mint condition.

Hi Gordon.  Ted Williams rods are interesting.  He had blanks made by an unknown maker...possibly True Tempre and later his rods were made by Shakespeare and sold by Sears.  Fiberglass is seeing a bit of a resurgence these days.  I'm guessing your rod an 8.5 foot 8wt? It's probably worth around $50 to $75.  

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.