Fly Fishing/Horrocks-Ibbotson Co rod & reel

Question
My son found this old fly fising rod in a vacate garage in Sheboygan, WI   53081 last year.  The propetry is going to be raised.  The reel says HICo-MATIC, with a H-I in a triangle in a square.  Its red, also says UTICA, N.Y.  MADI IN USA.  Its also has a three piece rod with a tattered carring case.  How much is this worth?  Thank you.

Answer
Automatic reels are not worth much these days.  Maybe $10.  The rod's value depends greatly on it's condition as well as length and line wt.  However, HI rods were mass market trade rods and are not particularly valuable.  depending on the factors I mentioned it's worth between nothing and maybe $150.
I hope that helps,
Rich

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison