Fly Fishing/Ruko fly fishing Rod

Brand label
Brand label  

Rod handle reel lock
Rod handle reel lock  
Hi Rich,
I recently acquired this Ruko  9 foot two piece Fiberglas fly fishing rod and nobody  seems to have heard of it before. It appears to be a very well built  Rod with nice action but I am more than curious to find out more about it and what it's value might be, if in fact there is any value to it .
I have attached a few pictures which might be helpful. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

John - That is an interesting rod you have there.  I've never heard of Ruko nor can I find any information on them either.  The rod looks very much like a Silaflex fiberglass rod from the 70's or 80's.  I doubt it has much value aside from being a good fishing tool.  I would recommend you go to and post your rod photos there.  I am by no means a total glass rod expert...I focus on Powell rods.  But if anyone can tell you more about that rod the guys on that forum can.  Thanks and I hope that helps.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.