Fly Fishing/Heddon split bamboo fly rod?

Name/model #
Name/model #  

I have what I think is a pre 1939 heddon rod ... The Heddon signature is diagonal with the #2666 written as well ... The stripping guide unfortunately has fallen off as the wrap has rotted away. This poor rod is doing nothing with me and would like to find a home for it . But as I can't find the exact model/style (2666) I don't even know how or where to market it .. If it has no true value I would probably donate it to someone as I'm not even sure the pieces (3) are all to the same rod.. We had multiples but my mother stored them in wet conditions in the tube and they "disintegrated" in her words..the wrPs seem to match but they do not fit snug..thanks in advance for any info you can give .. Even a reference point is great

Hello and thanks for the question.  Too bad about the storage conditions.  Ah well.  The place to go is  There are many Heddon fans, experts, restoration experts etc. Someone there will be thrilled to have that rod.  You will need to create a user ID but there is no fee.  I'd start with the Appraisals and Information forum.  I hope that helps and thanks again.

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.