Fly Fishing/Any info on rod

Hi bought a job lot of fly fishing gear and there is
A kingfisher black Pennel fly rod any info value ect
Would be appreciated

Hello Simon - I'm not sure on some of the details.  Are you saying the rod is black in color?  Kingfisher brand rods were made in the US by Union Hardware and later Heddon.  They were made for an American company called Tryon who had a long standing relationship with the U.K. based Pennell company.  If it's a black rod it's fiberglass or I would expect it's bamboo.  Either way unfortunately the value is almost nothing.  Those were mass produced trade rods and are not considered very good.  

Fly Fishing

Rich Morrison

I can answer questions about all types of Powell fly rods. I know more than just about anyone when it comes to info on vintage Powell rods. You can email me at and include questions, photos, and descriptions of any Powell rods you want info on. Thanks!!

I've been collecting/buying/selling and researching Powell rods for almost 10 years. I grew up in Chico and I own an extensive set of Powell documentation going back years. Please feel free to visit my website at

BA in biology - but that does not really metter here.