Folk Art/Painting Artist and Worth

Hello, I have a painting that I purchased but I cannot seem to find any information on the artist. I was wondering if you could help me.

I see S. Hills on the painting.

I know this is not your specialty. If you are unable to help me, can you point me in the right direction? :)

You probably won't find anything on this artist.

This is a factory painting and may very well have been done in China.  They have factories, yes, factories, where they have numerous painters churning these out by the dozens.

Ever seen that ad on TV for "Starving Artist Sales"?  Well, this is probably where someone bought this.

Sorry for the bad news but look at it this way, "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is"...

Folk Art

Over the past 30 years, I have been researching the artist Ferdinand A. Brader and have become a bit of an expert. I can answer most questions regarding the drawings of F.A. Brader also known as Ferdinand A. Brader. Brader was an late 19th Century untrained(?)itinerant Folk Artist who throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio doing large pencil drawings (portraits) of farms and other dwellings and businesses. He worked from around 1876 to 1895. I'd love to hear about any Brader drawings you might have of know about... Check out my blog on Brader: I can also answer questions about Antique Mid-Western Amish Quilts, especially those from the Ohio Amish. In addition, I can answer questions about other types of Antique American Quilts and other types of American Folk Art. Please note. I can only answer questions on AMERICAN items.

I have been a collector and dealer of American antique quilts and American folk art for over 35 years. Recent exhibition of my Ohio Amish quilt collection in Germany and France.

"Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection" My bolg on Ferdinand A. Brader:

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio State University and Master of Fine Arts from University of Kentucky

Numerous exhibitions and articles both in the USA and in Europe. Recent publication of "Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection"

Numerous collectors and dealers thoughout the US and the world, some quite well known.