Folk Art/1860 Folk art Oil with Child and Abraham Lincoln

I recently purchased this oil and was wondering if you has any idea of value or any information you can provide. It is really neat in that it has a folk art child on the front and then what we were told was an young abraham lincoln on the back. We were told it was from the 1860's but that was all that they told us.

Any help or information would be great,

Thanks so much

The painting of the bearded man seems much earlier than that of the child but it's a bit hard to tell it's age from the photo alone.  however the child is most likely from the 1890-1910 and is a photograph that has been painted over.  These are fairly commonly dated to this period and althogh not extremely rare, you don't find children as often as adults.

These sell from anywheer fron $25 up to a couple houndred.

The portrait of the man could possibly be worth more.

Good Luck,

Folk Art

Over the past 30 years, I have been researching the artist Ferdinand A. Brader and have become a bit of an expert. I can answer most questions regarding the drawings of F.A. Brader also known as Ferdinand A. Brader. Brader was an late 19th Century untrained(?)itinerant Folk Artist who throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio doing large pencil drawings (portraits) of farms and other dwellings and businesses. He worked from around 1876 to 1895. I'd love to hear about any Brader drawings you might have of know about... Check out my blog on Brader: I can also answer questions about Antique Mid-Western Amish Quilts, especially those from the Ohio Amish. In addition, I can answer questions about other types of Antique American Quilts and other types of American Folk Art. Please note. I can only answer questions on AMERICAN items.

I have been a collector and dealer of American antique quilts and American folk art for over 35 years. Recent exhibition of my Ohio Amish quilt collection in Germany and France.

"Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection" My bolg on Ferdinand A. Brader:

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio State University and Master of Fine Arts from University of Kentucky

Numerous exhibitions and articles both in the USA and in Europe. Recent publication of "Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection"

Numerous collectors and dealers thoughout the US and the world, some quite well known.