Folk Art/picture by Le Roy

Question
Le Roy picture
Le Roy picture  

Signature
Signature  
My wife got a black and white drawing of crows or ravens from her Grandmother and it is signed Le Roy in cursive. I wonder if you have heard of him or her. I can't find anything on him on the internet so I thought it might be some sort of folk art. I am attaching a photo or the picture and the signing.

Answer
John,

Your drawing looks like it might be from the turn of the 20th Century, c, 1890-1010.

It appears to be a charcoal sketch but it's a bit hard to tell from your picture.

I don't believe it is from an important artist.  These types of drawings were done in many regions of out country but because it has the Elk, it might be from the Northeast part of the country.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Darwin Bearley

Folk Art

DARWIN D. BEARLEY