Folk Art/name of this artist

unknown artist
unknown artist  
can you tell me anything about this paiting and the artist please

You have what could be called a "Starving Artists Painting".

These are massed produced in factories, probably in China and sold at "Starving Artist Sales held in hotels and advertised on TV.

These shows travel from city to city and the art, if you can call it that is sold fairly cheaply.

The paintings don't realy have any real value and the signatures are fictious...

Hope this helps...

Folk Art

Over the past 30 years, I have been researching the artist Ferdinand A. Brader and have become a bit of an expert. I can answer most questions regarding the drawings of F.A. Brader also known as Ferdinand A. Brader. Brader was an late 19th Century untrained(?)itinerant Folk Artist who throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio doing large pencil drawings (portraits) of farms and other dwellings and businesses. He worked from around 1876 to 1895. I'd love to hear about any Brader drawings you might have of know about... Check out my blog on Brader: I can also answer questions about Antique Mid-Western Amish Quilts, especially those from the Ohio Amish. In addition, I can answer questions about other types of Antique American Quilts and other types of American Folk Art. Please note. I can only answer questions on AMERICAN items.

I have been a collector and dealer of American antique quilts and American folk art for over 35 years. Recent exhibition of my Ohio Amish quilt collection in Germany and France.

"Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection" My bolg on Ferdinand A. Brader:

Bachelor of Fine Arts, Ohio State University and Master of Fine Arts from University of Kentucky

Numerous exhibitions and articles both in the USA and in Europe. Recent publication of "Antique Ohio Amish Quilts, the Darwin D. Bearley Collection"

Numerous collectors and dealers thoughout the US and the world, some quite well known.