Folk Music/a very old children's song (I think)

SKY3030 wrote at 2011-11-26 13:45:50
I used to sing a song almost identical to this when I was a kid.  I'm in my mid 70s now so this song is definitely old.  

I tried to use the link Mike posted but it wasn't valid.  Too bad - as I would have loved to know more about this song.  

It has kind of a dark theme but when we were singing it as kids, we really didn't think about that.

dorothy wrote at 2013-07-18 22:12:01
My father used to sing this song to us in his version he sang oh Johnny kopeck  how could you be so mean I told you'd be sorry for inventing that machine now all the neighbors cats and dogs could never more be seen he ground them into sausages in Johnny kopecks machine

Folk Music

Mike Turner

Folk Music, particularly the Child Ballads and that great body of industrial and work-related songs which arose during the Industrial Revolution. I am well-versed in the history of the Folk Revival, and I have a particular interest in political and agit-prop songs, as well as in traditional Irish dance music. For ten years I was a committee member and resident singer/song-writer/musician with the Grey Cock Folk Club in Birmingham (the pre-eminent traditional club in the English midlands, which was founded by Charles Parker of `Radio Ballad` fame).