Food Allergies/cellulose intolerance or allergy?

Ronnie wrote at 2011-10-09 04:26:39
Yes it is possible. I have a severe (anaphylaxis) allergy to gum acacia which was discovered via allergy testing after multiple anaphylactic reactions. It is a vegetable gum as is cellulose gum. I react with mod-severe symptoms when I consume modified cellulose with hives and severe abdominal cramping. Most allergists do not test for it. I had to go for a 2nd opinion to find an allergist who tested for it. Good luck!  

ella harpster wrote at 2012-03-29 16:15:33
yes i live in florida and have had a cellulose allergy for 10 years now also mike erwin a movie star also has this allergy  also they put cellulose in cheese once they shred it to stop it from caking however if it is used at factory they dont always put it in always check labels ice cream pasteries and all cakes have it in it so dose mapel syrup hope this is helpful p.s. it was confirmed at a allergist about my cellulose allergy. please note that most medication has it in it also

Gary wrote at 2012-03-31 16:04:39
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/methylcellulose-side-effects.html

Agnes wrote at 2013-06-11 11:20:03
Hi.

I also have allergic reaction to modified cellulose. Especially for cellulose gum (=E466, hydroxy-methyl-propyl-cellulose).

I do not care if it is mediccaly impossible or not.

I had problems with different flours, toothpaste, ice coffe, icecream, breads, etc. And than I found out that the only common ingredient is cellulose.

An additional information: parmesan has a lot of histamine that can help to enchance the allergic reaction.

Miguel wrote at 2016-04-14 14:19:31
It's possible because I do have it. People without allergies believe they know everything about what's possible or not. Take her off cellulose for a while and if her health improves, then stop any contact with it.

Food Allergies

David Pearson