Food Allergies/Adult-onset egg allergy

erinbyatt wrote at 2013-10-23 11:36:08
Egg allergy is a type of food allergy. It is a hypersensitivity to dietary substances from the yolk or whites of eggs, causing an overreaction of the immune system which may lead to severe physical symptoms for millions of people around the world.[1]

Egg allergy appears mainly, but not exclusively, in children. In fact, it is the second most common food allergy in children. (The most common is cows' milk allergy.) It is usually treated with an exclusion diet and vigilant avoidance of foods that may be contaminated with egg. The most severe food allergy reaction is called anaphylaxis and is an emergency situation requiring immediate attention and treatment with epinephrine. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America estimates that most children outgrow egg allergy by the age of five, but some people remain allergic for a lifetime

erinbyatt wrote at 2013-10-23 11:37:27

moorhousechloe wrote at 2013-10-25 07:48:10
The patch test is used for studying the allergic reaction to a particular substance. Reviewing  the changes in the body the doctors can understand the allergy, its strength etc.  

Food Allergies

David Pearson