Food Allergies/Food allergies

Hi ...I have a ragweed alllergy ....I've heard that I shld avoid eating certain foods like zucchini and tomatoes ....can't elope and bananas.My question is this all the time or only when ragweed is high at certain times if the year?Thank you

I am afraid I cannot give you much advice about ragweed allergy because I am european.Problems with ragweed are limited to the USA and also only rarely to southwest Spain.

In Europe allergic reactions to Fresh Fruits are relatively common, but the patterns of food reactions differ slightly between those associated with grass pollen allergy in Italy and with birch pollen allergy in Scandinavia and Britain.

I don't like giving answers on "All Experts" where I do not consider myself a genuine expert. So you will need a US allergist to answer your specific queries. But I have given advice on the general area on "Fresh Fruit Syndrome" several times on this site and you might find some of those answers at least of some pertinence to that area.

Food Allergies

David Pearson

Any in the field I believe. Only experience of questions that get asked will tell.

I am a retired medical academic from the UK. I have done major research on Food Allergy and have been a government adviser in the area. 30 years experience running an allergy clinic. And undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.

Well, apart from the FRCP, I'm no longer active in the area. I'm too busy writing books. And I no longer have the cash to go to international meetings. But was active in many.

Will 120 scientific papers help? Chapters in books. Patient advisory materials. Magazine articles. TV appearances. Live and recorded. National and international invited lectures, etc. It was my job for 40 years. Do you think I count!

MD, PhD, Postgraduate Diplomas etc. Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. etc. But I don't want that put out on the net! Just to let you know!

Too many to count, patients of course and a large number of all sorts of corporate consultancies and considerable work as an expert witness in the Courts. I'm volunteering because your Greek expert has been so helpful, I thought I'd offer something back.