Food Allergies/Soy

Hi, I read you area researcher! My child has both egg and soy allergy. I read an article which said chickens fed a soy based diet contribute to soy allergy. I'm wondering if its only a soy allergy not a true egg allergy/sensitivity, in which case eggs from chickens fed non-soy feed would be fine. Do you have any information on this?

Egg, milk and soy are the three most common independent allergies in young children. I would be extremely concerned about assuming that a child's apparent reaction to egg might not occur with the eggs of non-soy fed birds.

The answer to this problem lies with the US factory farming situation. Both cattle and birds are fed foods they would never be given anywhere else in the world. It's cheaper but produces toxic food.

You do not mention your child's age. This is critical, because these particular food allergies are usually fairly temporary and will be grown out of in time; usually by age 7, or before.

Get back if this does not answer your concerns.

Food Allergies

David Pearson

Any in the field I believe. Only experience of questions that get asked will tell.

I am a retired medical academic from the UK. I have done major research on Food Allergy and have been a government adviser in the area. 30 years experience running an allergy clinic. And undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.

Well, apart from the FRCP, I'm no longer active in the area. I'm too busy writing books. And I no longer have the cash to go to international meetings. But was active in many.

Will 120 scientific papers help? Chapters in books. Patient advisory materials. Magazine articles. TV appearances. Live and recorded. National and international invited lectures, etc. It was my job for 40 years. Do you think I count!

MD, PhD, Postgraduate Diplomas etc. Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. etc. But I don't want that put out on the net! Just to let you know!

Too many to count, patients of course and a large number of all sorts of corporate consultancies and considerable work as an expert witness in the Courts. I'm volunteering because your Greek expert has been so helpful, I thought I'd offer something back.