Food Allergies/am I really allergic to some food

Question
OK well a week ago I was in my room and I was having some pain in my tongue when I moved it I ignored it for a while and when I went to look in the mirror I saw bumps everywhere it looked like sac filled blisters I went to bed and in the morning it went away for the most part it was still there then that day went by and it was OK then on Saturday I got home and my face had red blotches on it from my right eye down and my face I took a binidrill and it went away what was it we thought it was a reaction to some thing I ate what do you think....ask any question and I will answer

Answer
I must apologise to you that you have had such a wait for an answer. The site sent me your question, but then would not let me login to answer it!

The most probable explanation of your attack is that you have had an episode of non-allergic angio-oedema. These are commonly due to some preceeding unnoticed virus. And such attacks usually settle in a week or so.

If your attacks have now settled, no more needs doing. However, if the problem persists, please let me know giving details of what has happened since and any response to medication. There are several possibilities and ways to treat it. Antihistamines like that you took are sometimes helpful, but there are usually alternatives when they do not.

These attacks are very rarely caused by food allergy. It can happen, but it is actually an uncommon cause.

Food Allergies

David Pearson