Food Allergies/Gluten

G W wrote at 2014-08-05 03:31:10
Current experts/researchers (i.e., Dr. Fasano, University of Maryland) no longer insist on a biopsy for each and every case.  This is because a negative biopsy (assuming positive blood results and symptoms exist) would result in the same recommendation as a positive biopsy-- elimination of gluten from the diet.  A yearly biopsy helps to show the gut is healed, but healthy villi do not grant celiac patients a license to eat gluten.  

Food Allergies

David Pearson

Any in the field I believe. Only experience of questions that get asked will tell.

I am a retired medical academic from the UK. I have done major research on Food Allergy and have been a government adviser in the area. 30 years experience running an allergy clinic. And undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.

Well, apart from the FRCP, I'm no longer active in the area. I'm too busy writing books. And I no longer have the cash to go to international meetings. But was active in many.

Will 120 scientific papers help? Chapters in books. Patient advisory materials. Magazine articles. TV appearances. Live and recorded. National and international invited lectures, etc. It was my job for 40 years. Do you think I count!

MD, PhD, Postgraduate Diplomas etc. Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. etc. But I don't want that put out on the net! Just to let you know!

Too many to count, patients of course and a large number of all sorts of corporate consultancies and considerable work as an expert witness in the Courts. I'm volunteering because your Greek expert has been so helpful, I thought I'd offer something back.