Food Allergies/Possible food allergy?

Hello, I have been struggling with a wide range of symptoms for years. Let me preface by saying I grew up with homeless parents and was not able to seek medical car for anything. I am now 22 and having issues. They range from acid reflux, sharp pain in my left shoulder & left chest, constant fatigue, random vertigo, extreme stomach distention where i look 9 months pregnant, heart palpitations, gas & indigestion every time i eat,i have had pin worm very often since being a child (im 22 now),It is more difficult to breath when I lay flat, I often cough up phlegm, etc. The list goes on and on. Also, A nurse at my college told me I have a heart murmur and should get an echo. Cant afford that, and don't have insurance. I am burnt out on all of this, and It has caused me to start having severe anxiety attacks. There is no gastroenterologist on this website at the time, thought Id ask here. Thank you for anything !!!!!

I very much doubt that all your problems can be blamed on a single cause. And such a cause would not be food allergy. But I am confused, surely there must be some means by which you can get basic medical advice? If you cannot, why not? Where do you live if you cannot. That is a basic human right.

Food Allergies

David Pearson

Any in the field I believe. Only experience of questions that get asked will tell.

I am a retired medical academic from the UK. I have done major research on Food Allergy and have been a government adviser in the area. 30 years experience running an allergy clinic. And undergraduate and post-graduate teaching.

Well, apart from the FRCP, I'm no longer active in the area. I'm too busy writing books. And I no longer have the cash to go to international meetings. But was active in many.

Will 120 scientific papers help? Chapters in books. Patient advisory materials. Magazine articles. TV appearances. Live and recorded. National and international invited lectures, etc. It was my job for 40 years. Do you think I count!

MD, PhD, Postgraduate Diplomas etc. Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. etc. But I don't want that put out on the net! Just to let you know!

Too many to count, patients of course and a large number of all sorts of corporate consultancies and considerable work as an expert witness in the Courts. I'm volunteering because your Greek expert has been so helpful, I thought I'd offer something back.