Food Allergies/allergies or something worse

QUESTION: do not know where to start..I am female/54/diabetic/bad control/post meno/anxiety/hypertension/high lipids/stomach issues like reflux and IBS, maybe mid March was very sick with sinusitis..that began the weird lip swelling..first the half of my top lip..moved to half of low lip..(outer lips) and my tongue on either the tip or side at a time..take benadryl everywhere I rhyme or reason..kept food list..meds too..on 2 different insulins. glucatrol xl., benicar, metformin, protonix, tranxene, OTc like pepto bismol and mylanta and alka end of May it still far either ip or tongue...afraid of getting in windpipe..Dr seems unconcerned..I noticed suddenly american cheese then breaded chicken at Jacks but not kfs, then ate an egg and in grocery store 5 hrs later it did it...then when daughter sat by me it happened on my lip right then..sriving me crazt; scared for my life as Benadryl takes a few hrs to work and some tmes I sleep thru night from benadryl and places get smaller but go away the next me..and another happened once when I had ONE bite of a cheddar cheese I foolisly swallowed my pills with a swig of mylanta and pepto and then it happened on tongue..only thing ate earlier was a tiny chicken finger from Jacks...IF I ever got swollen in windpipe would I feel aa lump like my tongue and lips do or would I just start to smother???

ANSWER: It sounds like you are experiencing more than intolerances to foods but food allergies.  You need to have the doctor check you for IgE allergies. It is a simple blood test.  Once you determine your IgE allergies start avoiding those foods and visit a NAET person in your state.  NAET can attenuate your food allergies.  

QUESTION: ok...thanks and what kind of person is NAET

A NAET practitioner is certified in acupuncture and has taken the NAET courses offered in California to become certified. NAET stands for Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique.  It is non-invasive and uses acupressure to help someone attenuate or get rid of food allergies.  Sounds non traditional and it is yet it is very effective. I have experienced the benefits myself.  Just type NAET into yahoo and the website will come up and you can search for people in your area that are certified in NAET.  

Good luck

Food Allergies

Judith Lukaszuk

I can answer questions related to nutrition, food allergies and food sensitivities, how to identify and avoid genetically modified ingredients, leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gluten intolerance or celiac disease, autism spectrum disorder, ADD, ADHD, vitamin and mineral supplements, sports nutrition, diet, exercise and I specialize in a technique called "NAET" which involves muscle testing people for food allergies and then applying acupressure to the spine to attenuate food or environmental allergies.

I have been teaching nutrition in a University setting for the past 20 years. I have been practicing NAET since Summer, 2012.

Lukaszuk JM, Prawitz AD, Shokrani M, Umoren J, Norman E. Methylmalonic acid levels in non-elderly adult chronic PPI users. Journal of Human Nutrition and Food Sciences. In Press. Stark M, Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Salacinski A. Protein timing and its effects on muscular hypertrophy and strength in individuals engaged in weight-training. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012;9:54. Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Johnson K, Umoren J, Bugno TJ. Development of a Noninvasive Vitamin D Screening Tool. Family &Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 2012;40:229-240. Lukaszuk JM, Schultz TM, Prawitz AD, Hofmann E. Effect of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid on HgbA1c, Lipids and Blood Pressure in Type-2 Diabetics: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine. 2009;6:1-14. Lukaszuk JM, Luebbers P, Gordon BA. Preliminary Study: Soy Milk as Effective as Skim Milk in Promoting Weight Loss. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2007;107:1811-1814. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moyna NM. Effect Of A Defined Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet and Oral Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation On Plasma Creatine concentration. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2005;19:735-740. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moore GE, Yaw KM, Kelley DE, Rubin JT, Moyna NM. Effect of Creatine Supplementation and a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet on Muscle Creatine Concentration. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2002;12:336-348.

Ph.D. Exercise Physiology from the University of Pittsburgh M.S. Master of Science in Nutrition from the University of Pittsburgh B.S. Coordinate Program in Dietetics with a Bachelor of Science degree from Seton Hill College in Greensburg, PA R.D. Registered Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration LDN. License Dietitian and Nutritionist in the State of IL F.I.A.M.A. Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture Certified NAET practitioner