Food Allergies/headaches

Question
Have you ever seen food allergies "present" with headaches? I'm a daily headache sufferer for more than 10 years.  My GP had a blood panel done a few years ago and it showed no food allergies but environmental ones - ragweed, pollen etc.  I never knew I had those allergies b/c I never had the typical symptoms of runny notes itchy watery eyes etc.  And the headaches do not seem to have any seasonal changes.  So fast forward and b/c I'm still convinced that it must be something I'm eating or processing - I'm now on the Eat2Live diet (no processed foods - just fruits and vegs).  I've eliminated everything possible from my diet even remotely linked to headaches (6wks now) nuts, dairy, bread, bananas, eggs etc and have had only a very small change in my headaches.   How long does it take to truly clear your body from any build up of toxins (usually related to animal proteins)?  Most of what I have read says to stay on the headache diet for 3 months to see a difference.  It is very difficult.  Also I had egg whites 2 times and my chest got very tight right after I ate them - couldn't tell of any change in headaches b/c I had one before and after so hard to tell.  I'm thinking of going to an allergist and or a naturopath next but wanted to check here first.  Sorry for the long story!  Thanks in advance!  Karen

Answer
Hi Karen,
If you read David Perlmutter new book called "Grain Brain" the first thing I would eliminate if I were you is gluten.  Do an elimination trial for one month and see if headaches abate or attenuate.  It does sound like you have issues with egg whites too. I would avoid genetically modified ingredients like corn, soy, canola and cottonseed.  Get on organic corn or soy because then it is not genetically modified.  See a NAET practitioner in your area.  If you are in the Pgh area I know Vanessa is a very good NAET practitioner in the north hills area.  Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions. NAET should help you greatly.

Dr. Lukaszuk

Food Allergies

Judith Lukaszuk