Food Allergies/Peanut allergy

I am 26, and when I was growing up in the 90s/00s peanut allergies were unheard of.

My little sister is 10, and there's peanut allergies everywhere.

Multiple little kids her age in her class have peanut allergies. The school sends home notes and reminders about no peanuts. I also work in the retail food industry, and I hear every single day at work, "my child is allergic to nuts"

What has changed that is causing an increase in peanut allergies?
What are we eating while pregnant? What are we doing?

I think there are a number of factors that have increased the food allergies but the main cause is likely due to the introduction of genetically modified foods to our food supply in 1994. If you look at the statistics within in a decade of GMO's going on the market which introduced new proteins to our food supply (we are allergic to the protein in food such as gluten is a protein) food allergies have skyrocketed.  Europe knowing the dangers of GMO's has banned them but here in the USA Monsanto rules and has most farmers using their GMO round up ready seeds to plant corn, soy. canola and cottonseed.  

In animals GMO have shown to be harmful. There are NO safety studies in humans. There was an in vitro study using a human small intestine cell and it showed that GMO corn when added to the petri dish poked holes all through the small intestinal cell.  So there is a preponderance of leaky guts in our population due to GMO ingestion.  You can heal a leaky gut. The quickest way to do so is through NAET.  

Ways to avoid GMO is for corn and soy eat organic.  Trader Joes brand name is said to be GMO free.  Chipotle will be GMO this year and whole foods brand 365 will be GMO free in 2017.  

I treat leaky gut all the time. With NAET you can heal it in about 3 to 4 months. If you simply avoid GMO's you can also heal a leaky gut but it may take 2-3 years.  

Food Allergies

Judith Lukaszuk

I can answer questions related to nutrition, food allergies and food sensitivities, how to identify and avoid genetically modified ingredients, leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gluten intolerance or celiac disease, autism spectrum disorder, ADD, ADHD, vitamin and mineral supplements, sports nutrition, diet, exercise and I specialize in a technique called "NAET" which involves muscle testing people for food allergies and then applying acupressure to the spine to attenuate food or environmental allergies.

I have been teaching nutrition in a University setting for the past 20 years. I have been practicing NAET since Summer, 2012.

Lukaszuk JM, Prawitz AD, Shokrani M, Umoren J, Norman E. Methylmalonic acid levels in non-elderly adult chronic PPI users. Journal of Human Nutrition and Food Sciences. In Press. Stark M, Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Salacinski A. Protein timing and its effects on muscular hypertrophy and strength in individuals engaged in weight-training. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012;9:54. Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Johnson K, Umoren J, Bugno TJ. Development of a Noninvasive Vitamin D Screening Tool. Family &Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 2012;40:229-240. Lukaszuk JM, Schultz TM, Prawitz AD, Hofmann E. Effect of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid on HgbA1c, Lipids and Blood Pressure in Type-2 Diabetics: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine. 2009;6:1-14. Lukaszuk JM, Luebbers P, Gordon BA. Preliminary Study: Soy Milk as Effective as Skim Milk in Promoting Weight Loss. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2007;107:1811-1814. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moyna NM. Effect Of A Defined Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet and Oral Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation On Plasma Creatine concentration. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2005;19:735-740. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moore GE, Yaw KM, Kelley DE, Rubin JT, Moyna NM. Effect of Creatine Supplementation and a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet on Muscle Creatine Concentration. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2002;12:336-348.

Ph.D. Exercise Physiology from the University of Pittsburgh M.S. Master of Science in Nutrition from the University of Pittsburgh B.S. Coordinate Program in Dietetics with a Bachelor of Science degree from Seton Hill College in Greensburg, PA R.D. Registered Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration LDN. License Dietitian and Nutritionist in the State of IL F.I.A.M.A. Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture Certified NAET practitioner