Food Allergies/Throat Clearing

Thank you in advance for your time.  I have had a throat clearing issue for over 10 yrs now and I'm at my breaking point!  I feel that it is related to my diet but can seem to pinpoint it.  It is always worse just after I eat (regardless of what I eat#.  I have ruled out post-nasal drip and the ENT doc told me stop drinking caffiene - it didn't help. I don't have any allergies that I know of - but haven't been fully tested.  Do you know of any patients where food sensitivity was the cause?  Are there any conditions of that you know of that could be the cause?    I'm concerned about the long term effect of not finding the cause or cure of this #esp w/ such an increase in esophogeal cancer etc)
Thank you!!!

Throat clearing after eating definitely indicates you have some food intolerance issues. Have them check your blood for IgG which is food intolerances. You said they checked for IgE food allergies and did not detect any food allergies. Go see a NAET practitioner and they will help you attenuate your intolerances and sensitivities.

Good luck

Dr. Lukaszuk PhD, RD, LDN.

Food Allergies

Judith Lukaszuk

I can answer questions related to nutrition, food allergies and food sensitivities, how to identify and avoid genetically modified ingredients, leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, gluten intolerance or celiac disease, autism spectrum disorder, ADD, ADHD, vitamin and mineral supplements, sports nutrition, diet, exercise and I specialize in a technique called "NAET" which involves muscle testing people for food allergies and then applying acupressure to the spine to attenuate food or environmental allergies.

I have been teaching nutrition in a University setting for the past 20 years. I have been practicing NAET since Summer, 2012.

Lukaszuk JM, Prawitz AD, Shokrani M, Umoren J, Norman E. Methylmalonic acid levels in non-elderly adult chronic PPI users. Journal of Human Nutrition and Food Sciences. In Press. Stark M, Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Salacinski A. Protein timing and its effects on muscular hypertrophy and strength in individuals engaged in weight-training. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012;9:54. Lukaszuk J, Prawitz A, Johnson K, Umoren J, Bugno TJ. Development of a Noninvasive Vitamin D Screening Tool. Family &Consumer Sciences Research Journal. 2012;40:229-240. Lukaszuk JM, Schultz TM, Prawitz AD, Hofmann E. Effect of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid on HgbA1c, Lipids and Blood Pressure in Type-2 Diabetics: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine. 2009;6:1-14. Lukaszuk JM, Luebbers P, Gordon BA. Preliminary Study: Soy Milk as Effective as Skim Milk in Promoting Weight Loss. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2007;107:1811-1814. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moyna NM. Effect Of A Defined Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet and Oral Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation On Plasma Creatine concentration. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2005;19:735-740. Lukaszuk JM, Robertson RJ, Arch JE, Moore GE, Yaw KM, Kelley DE, Rubin JT, Moyna NM. Effect of Creatine Supplementation and a Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarian Diet on Muscle Creatine Concentration. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 2002;12:336-348.

Ph.D. Exercise Physiology from the University of Pittsburgh M.S. Master of Science in Nutrition from the University of Pittsburgh B.S. Coordinate Program in Dietetics with a Bachelor of Science degree from Seton Hill College in Greensburg, PA R.D. Registered Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Commission on Dietetic Registration LDN. License Dietitian and Nutritionist in the State of IL F.I.A.M.A. Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture Certified NAET practitioner