Food Engineering/Manufacturing/Tartar sauce

Question
QUESTION: I seen a previous question about canning tartar sauce and it said to use home canning supplies for the small business part and  getting started but my question pertains to what is the canning procedure?vie done canning before but nothing involving mayo based stuff.what is the procedure for canning tartar sauce?
Thank you,
Michelle

ANSWER: Michelle,

Tartar sauce should be packed in glass and or plastic containers. This is because it has lots of acetic acid that could eat up the metal. If you want to can it than you have to get special lining in the cans.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Jim

QUESTION: What type of lining would I need to get for the jars and where can I get it and do I just do a water bath to seal the glass jars?
Thank you,
Michelle

Answer
Thanks Michelle

I have never worked on Tartar sauce so I am sorry I can not give you details on processing of it.

However Mayonaise is made and then some spices and relish is added to it in a gentle mixer. The finish product is ten filled into bottles and or cans.

Hope this help.

Jim

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim