Food Engineering/Manufacturing/peanut butter production

Question
Please am looking for new cost effective recipe for peanut butter small scale commercial production, I was hoping to use honey favouring no sugar, that's what I have in mind but I need a more detailed recipe. Thanks as I await your reply

Answer
In the US, peanut butter must have 90 % peanuts. The balance can include salt, sugar (for which you could try honey), additional oil, and approved emulsifiers, such as mono- and di-glycerides. Honey is more expensive than sugar, so you will want to try various recipes to get the balance of flavor and cost that makes sense. The emulsifiers prevent separation of oil, which is characteristic of "old fashioned" peanut butter. An additional variable is how finely you grind the roasted peanuts  to get smooth or chunky butter.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

J. Peter Clark