Food Engineering/Manufacturing/packaging suppliers

Hello, Mr. Phister

I would like to know if you could assist me with finding suppliers for packaging my product.  I have searched and searched the Internet for weeks without finding what I need.  I'm sure it has to be out there.  I feel that the key to my product is the size of the package.  I am a start up and would like to package a small run of approximately 20,000 to 50,000 pouches of my product in order to give away for free in an effort to establish a consumer interest.

I would like to be able to package my product similar to the Blue Agave 2" x 3" individual packet.   

I would like to know if you know of suppliers of a 2" x 3" pouch package, 7g, 1tsp size?

In addition, I would like to know if you are aware of any suppliers of filling equipment for this type of product and size pouch?

Thank you for your time and assistance, Gwen

A pouch this small would likely be packaged by companies producing for food service ( restaurants, hotels, airlines, etc. ) and mostly of those are done form-fill-seal , i.e., not from pre-formed pouches. This is not an area I usually do business in. I recommend you do some research into contract packaging companies that do food service.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim Pfister

Food Engineering/Manufacturing, Food Packaging/Distribution, Engineering Beverage Lines, Reducing operating cost of packaging lines while increasing efficiency. Lean Manufacturing. Incorporating new package technology into existing operations. Training staff to achieve smooth transition from "start-up" to full production. Managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary lines. Equipment PreShipment Factory Acceptance testing and Commissioning programs for new equipment.

Employment history: Over thirty-five years of experience. Managed as much as $40MM in concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects, both domestic and international, and have worked with such firms as Campbell Soup, Coca-Cola, Hershey`s, and Nabisco.

Organizations: An author and speaker, as well as a member of the IoPP. Past Chairman of IoPP`s Consultant`s Council and Member of the Packaging Equipment Performance Committee.

Publications: PMMI Solutions `99, Monthly Packaging Tipsheets