Food Engineering/Manufacturing/packaging suppliers

Question
Hello, Mr. Phister

I would like to know if you could assist me with finding suppliers for packaging my product.  I have searched and searched the Internet for weeks without finding what I need.  I'm sure it has to be out there.  I feel that the key to my product is the size of the package.  I am a start up and would like to package a small run of approximately 20,000 to 50,000 pouches of my product in order to give away for free in an effort to establish a consumer interest.

I would like to be able to package my product similar to the Blue Agave 2" x 3" individual packet.   

I would like to know if you know of suppliers of a 2" x 3" pouch package, 7g, 1tsp size?

In addition, I would like to know if you are aware of any suppliers of filling equipment for this type of product and size pouch?

Thank you for your time and assistance, Gwen

Answer
Gwen,
A pouch this small would likely be packaged by companies producing for food service ( restaurants, hotels, airlines, etc. ) and mostly of those are done form-fill-seal , i.e., not from pre-formed pouches. This is not an area I usually do business in. I recommend you do some research into contract packaging companies that do food service.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim Pfister