Food Engineering/Manufacturing/mayonnaise manufacture

We have been manufacturing a mayonnaise at a co-packer for many years.  Recently they decided to not manufacture for us anymore due the the tricky nature of the manufacturing process.  They supplied us the information on how they manufactured the product, the equipment they used, the recipe, etc. Though we have a mayonnaise, it is different that all other mayonnaise in that it uses traditional oils that are not refined.  However, we have not been able to completely replicate the product and need a process authority to come and see what we are doing wrong.  We are so close, but our colloid mill causes the emulsion to break rather than causing a better emulsion. Do you know anyone who could come to our facility to help us?

Depending on where you are and what you can afford, I could visit and try to help. I live near Chicago. My professional fees are $200/hr plus normal expenses at cost. My email is It is hard to diagnose the issue remotely, but order of addition can affect emulsions. Temperature is also very important.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

J. Peter Clark

How various processed foods are made; ways to improve manufacturing; how to make a new food product.

Employment history: Research Engineer, U.S.Agricultural Research Service, Associate Professor Chemical Engineering, Virginia Tech, Director of Research, Continental Baking Company, President, Epstein Process Engineering, Inc., Vice Presdent Technology, Fluor Daniel, Inc., Consultant to the Process Industries

Organizations: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (Fellow) Institute of Food Technologists, American Association of Cereal Chemists, American Association of Candy Technologists, American Society of Agricultural Engineers,

Publications: Several Encyclopedias (Kirk and Othmer, Chemical Technology; Food Science, Food Technology and Nutrition; Wiley Encyclopedia of Food Science and Technology; Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems); five books, two book chapters; numerous journals.

Education: BSChE Notre Dame PhD University of California, Berkeley

Awards: AIChE Food, Pharmaceutical and Bioengineering Division Award 1998

Clients: Major food processing and pharamaceutical companies.