Food Engineering/Manufacturing/Increasing milk fat and decreasing water content

Question
I want to ask about a food grade material or a product that, when added to the cow milk, it increases the fat percentage and decreases the water percentage.

Thanks for your time.

Answer
The only material I can imagine that would adjust the composition of cow's milk as you request is additional fat, such as vegetable oil. Ideally, to avoid adulteration, the additional fat should be butter fat. Thus adding cream or pure butter fat would do what you want, but it would have to be homogenized to properly disperse it. If your purpose is to reduce cost, you would use a less expensive fat if local laws allow that. In some parts of the world, ice cream is made from non-fat dried milk, vegetable oil, sugar and water. Routinely cow's milk is separated into skim and cream and then recombined to make fluid milk of desired fat content, usually lower than whole milk, for cost and nutritional reasons. I have not previously heard of increasing fat content of milk. Various adjusted fat contents are used in making different cheeses, usually by blending cream and skim.

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

J. Peter Clark