Food Engineering/Manufacturing/what about rinsing glass bottles using chlorinated water

I have a small glass bottling operation and recently wanted to expand production. However, I cannot seem to find an equipment that I can use to rinse my glass bottles more efficiently. Dishwashers on the market seems not suitable as they can't rinse into the bottles thoroughly. So I will like to seek your advise on what other kind of compact machines I can use for the hot rinsing purpose.

Hope to your from you soon.

Here are the names of some bottle washing suppliers, taken from a list of exhibitors at a packaging trade show. Most are probably aimed at large operations, but a little research may turn up what you want. You could also search for laboratory glass ware washing machines - more like dishwashers, but heavier duty and might suit your needs.

Accutek packaging equipment Co., Inc.; Barry-Wehmiller companies; Bausch + Stroebel Machine Co.; China Happy & Merry Business Ltd.; Comas SPL; Fowler Products Company; KHS, Inc.;Procomac Inc.;
Marchesini Packaging Machinery Inc.; Serac, Inc.; Vigneron Corporation.

I had checked the price of the scientific washing machines. Is actually quite high for my budget. I researched abit on using chlorinated water and wonder if the following method is considered good enough.

1. Fill a tub with tap water and add in chlorine
2. dunk in the glass bottles and then remove and drain after about 10mins
3. rinse the bottles using RO water to remove the chlorine

At this point, I will also like to know what is the chlorine concentration recommended? And how long will the chlorine lose its sanitation effects.

Using the chlorine rinse should sanitize your bottles. Typically, a few ounces of ordinary bleach per gallon is sufficient and it should last a while unless the bottles have a lot of soil. There are testing strips used to control chlorinated water in swimming pools that might work for your purposes. Use room temperature water;the chlorine will be lost more quickly in hot water.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

J. Peter Clark

How various processed foods are made; ways to improve manufacturing; how to make a new food product.

Employment history: Research Engineer, U.S.Agricultural Research Service, Associate Professor Chemical Engineering, Virginia Tech, Director of Research, Continental Baking Company, President, Epstein Process Engineering, Inc., Vice Presdent Technology, Fluor Daniel, Inc., Consultant to the Process Industries

Organizations: American Institute of Chemical Engineers (Fellow) Institute of Food Technologists, American Association of Cereal Chemists, American Association of Candy Technologists, American Society of Agricultural Engineers,

Publications: Several Encyclopedias (Kirk and Othmer, Chemical Technology; Food Science, Food Technology and Nutrition; Wiley Encyclopedia of Food Science and Technology; Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems); five books, two book chapters; numerous journals.

Education: BSChE Notre Dame PhD University of California, Berkeley

Awards: AIChE Food, Pharmaceutical and Bioengineering Division Award 1998

Clients: Major food processing and pharamaceutical companies.