Food Engineering/Manufacturing/Pita Chip Production

Question
Hi Jim,

Firstly, i sincerely appreciate your time and thanks in advance.

I'm researching various food production processes as I wish to introduce some of the products already available in the US to another part of the world.

One of my favorites is Pita Chips. I'm all set on the production of the actual pita bread, its the process to make the chips that I can't seem to find the right machinery for.

Any idea about machinery/equipment suppliers that provide this sort of thing?

Answer
I haven't yet done a line for pita chips, but believe it would be the same as for potato or tortilla chips. Typical equipment would be for forming, frying, post-conditioning, and then packaging.  You can do a Google search on each of those terms to find equipment suppliers.

Let me know how this works out, and if you have any further questions.

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim Pfister