Food Engineering/Manufacturing/kombucha

What is a good engineering equation to use when regarding the making of kombucha? An equation that is not a chemical reaction.
Thank you,
Biological Engineering Student

Hello Kristy

First I want to apologize for the delay in replying to your question. I was out of the country on business and had no to very limited access to my e-mails.

Now as far as Kombucha is concerned I have never worked on development or commercialization of this Tea. All I know is that KOMBUCHA "is a lightly effervescent fermented drink of sweetened black and/or green tea that is used as a functional food. It is produced by fermenting the tea using a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast, or "SCOBY". Personally I believe that it will be very difficult to produce a tea like this in a beverage plant. This does require special processing because of the ingredients and their treatment involved.

Sorry I was not of much help.

Good Luck and if it is OK keep me informed me of your finding.

Best regards

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

All processing and packaging related questions

Have worked with all possibile processing and packaging systems used in food industry. I have over 30 years experience related to Food and Beverage manufacturing.

Institute of Food Technology American Institute of Chemical Engineering

Holder of two patents

Masters in Chemistry BS in Chemistry Bs and in Chemical Engineering