Food Engineering/Manufacturing/interview

hello my name is AJ and I am in my sophomore year in high school taking Principles of engineering and I would like to interview you for my class for a report. I just have a few questions that I would like to ask so that I can get a better understanding of  engineering using your experiences to help me learn.
1. specific degree
2. place of employment
3. Please describe your engineering field
4. What is your current job title?
5.please describe the particular duties in that job.
6. What is or was your average work schedule?
7. Starting from high school, describe your educational background chronologically.
8. If you had to do it over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?
9. What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?
10. Did you ever feel overwhelmed during your high school or college from the work associated with the learning of the principles or concepts needed.

Long question, but I'll give it a shot. Also, know that I have been in engineering 40+ years, and run my own business for the last twenty, so I mot be the best source of info for you.

1. My degree is a BSChE, and I am self-employed. I am president of a one-person company.
3. My degree is in chemical engineering, but I have worked mostly in food and personal care products.
5. Duties are usually to improve line performance for packaging lines.
6. I have no schedule. I go when clients call, and stay until job is done.
7. Post high school, did 5 years in college, and work ever since.
8.  Do differently:  probably take more business and fewer technical courses.
9. Learn as much as you can before commiting to any one field.  Be flexible in your experience so you are able to work in at least three different industries.
10. Overwhelmed? Yes.  That's why beer was invented!

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim Pfister

Food Engineering/Manufacturing, Food Packaging/Distribution, Engineering Beverage Lines, Reducing operating cost of packaging lines while increasing efficiency. Lean Manufacturing. Incorporating new package technology into existing operations. Training staff to achieve smooth transition from "start-up" to full production. Managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary lines. Equipment PreShipment Factory Acceptance testing and Commissioning programs for new equipment.

Employment history: Over thirty-five years of experience. Managed as much as $40MM in concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects, both domestic and international, and have worked with such firms as Campbell Soup, Coca-Cola, Hershey`s, and Nabisco.

Organizations: An author and speaker, as well as a member of the IoPP. Past Chairman of IoPP`s Consultant`s Council and Member of the Packaging Equipment Performance Committee.

Publications: PMMI Solutions `99, Monthly Packaging Tipsheets