Food Engineering/Manufacturing/Ph change with time

Question
Peter, when you say the pH can change with time as the composition equilibrates. Does that mean that my reading of ph of 3.7 can rise to 4.6 overtime? Cornell said that my shelf stable product overtime would be a quality issue but will never really "spoil". before i bottle the sauce and the ph reads 3.7. what processes are used for me to be sure that the PH won't rise overtime? if the PH changes is it likely to go lower or higher? and between what ranges will it change by? Thanks Peter. You are the best. I've read that you are a process authority also. Where can i reach you to do business in the future? What is your rate? i am located in New york.

D

Answer
Typically, pH may change by 0.5 units, usually going up. A high oil product may become rancid over time due to oxidation. You probably cannot prevent some change in pH, but it usually is small.

You can reach me by private email at jpc3@att.net  phone 708-848-2205, suburb of Chicago. My professional fees are $200/hr plus expenses at cost.  

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

J. Peter Clark