Food Engineering/Manufacturing/Flour mill machine.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Jim

The flour mill machine Takes wheat as the source raw material and the process converts giving us Flour as output.

Is it possible to reverse the process by designing a machine which will give us wheat from flour?.

Thanks
Prashant

ANSWER: Hello Pershant

I am not sure what you are asking but I can tell you that you could extrusion process with a die that will give shape of the wheat. You can take your flour mix it with water and then run through the extruder with a die and cutting blades to form wheat like shape. Most commonly Pasta is made like that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jim

QUESTION: Dear Jim

The extrusion process as you mentioned with the die for extracting the wheat from flour is/are machine/s operated?.

Thanks®ards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
The extruders are equipment that are operated by electrical motors and have dies in the front of the machine to form the required shape.

They are mostly used in PET foods and also in the cereal Industry to make these products from dry flours.

Anderson, Werner and Pflieder and Wenger Extruders are the most used extruders in the food industry.

Regards

Jim

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim