Food Engineering/Manufacturing/advertising food processing employees

Hello Jim,

I am starting to process my own sauces in an incubator kitchen. Where do I advertise for an experienced food processing employee who understands HACCP, maintaining a processing log, hot packing, labelling, etc? Is there a trade magazine or other outlet for help wanted ads or placement? Is there a certain job category that I should advertise under or a certain job title to use? I placed an ad in our metropolitan area (Washington DC)and received many responses from chefs but none of them had commercial food processing experience.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate your expertise in this area.

It looks to me that you want someone who is both a food technologist and QA experienced.  Not the easiest combo to find.  If you haven't yet looked online, I suggest you visit both the IFT and ASQC websites.  They may be able to help.  

There are also other food incubators at NC State, Ohio State, and Rutgers.  I don't know who you would reach out to at any of those, but you have nothing to lose.  (You might even stumble onto a potential future biz partner if you're interested).

I also have a friend who is hands down the best headhunter for food biz people.  His name is Marty Cusack (610-518-9090).  NTS, Marty makes his living by placing people, but he might be willing to give you a lead or two.

Good luck!

Food Engineering/Manufacturing

Jim Pfister

Food Engineering/Manufacturing, Food Packaging/Distribution, Engineering Beverage Lines, Reducing operating cost of packaging lines while increasing efficiency. Lean Manufacturing. Incorporating new package technology into existing operations. Training staff to achieve smooth transition from "start-up" to full production. Managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary lines. Equipment PreShipment Factory Acceptance testing and Commissioning programs for new equipment.

Employment history: Over thirty-five years of experience. Managed as much as $40MM in concurrent, multi-disciplinary projects, both domestic and international, and have worked with such firms as Campbell Soup, Coca-Cola, Hershey`s, and Nabisco.

Organizations: An author and speaker, as well as a member of the IoPP. Past Chairman of IoPP`s Consultant`s Council and Member of the Packaging Equipment Performance Committee.

Publications: PMMI Solutions `99, Monthly Packaging Tipsheets