Food Safety Issues/soup

Question
How long is ham and potato soup good for in the refrigerator?

Answer
Hello,

The general recommendation for consumer leftovers is to use within 3-4 days or freeze for future use.  

If you were a restaurant, the maximum amount of time the soup could be in the refrigerator would be 7 days, with day 1 being the date of the oldest ingredient.  In other words, if the ham had been refrigerated 3 days before you made the soup, when you made the soup and then refrigerated it, the soup would be on day 3 -- not day 1 -- and you'd have 4 more days of refrigeration before the soup would have to be thrown out.

Hope this is helpful.

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt