Food Safety Issues/spiral ham

Question
I received a Christmas gift of a spiral ham at my doorstep. It was left The temperatur was at 50 at 50 degrees. human consumptio

Answer
Hi Kristine,

Do you have any idea at one time the ham was left on your doorstep?

The general rule is that if the ham started out at 41 degrees or below when delivered, it could be out of the refrigerator a maximum of 4 hours before it would have to be thrown away.  If you are confident the ham was cold when delivered and it was not on your doorstep more than 4 hours then you can refrigerate and consume.  Before consuming, please reheat the ham to at least 165 degrees F internal temperature.

Here's hoping your ham was delivered cold and was on the porch less than 4 hours.

Happy Holidays.

Carol

Food Safety Issues

Carol Schlitt